Google recently launched a series of anonymous algorithm updates. Search rankings of websites were affected dramatically across the world. One major update is believed to be related to content quality. The other one is expected to be a link-based algorithm update. Whether you have been affected by these updates or not, it is important to ensure that you are on top of your SEO game.
Here are 5 SEO strategies you should focus upon to ensure that no such undeclared algorithm updates can hit you badly.
1. Make Sure Your Webpages are Optimised
Keyword optimisation is still important and you should ensure that your web pages are optimised for the respective relevant and important keywords.
Make sure that following points are adhered to:
- The primary keyword for a page is present in the title
- The primary and secondary keywords should be present in the page description/content
- Remove all kinds of keyword stuffing
- The appropriate keyword should be used in the alt tag page/post images
- It is recommended to keep keyword density limited to once in 150-200 words. If the content is shorter, distribute the keywords evenly. However, it is recommended to add long-form content in any page to boost your SEO.
2. Create Localised Content
Make sure to create high-quality and unique content targeted at your local audiences. Localised content can help in showing your local presence. It will also help ensure that search engines recognise your location within the ranking factors.
3. Increased Focus on Local SEO
You should know that local SEO campaigns are more important than ever if you want your content strategy to make a deeper and better impact on your overall SEO campaigns. Make sure you have a high-quality Google My Business profile. Your company/brand should be listed under relevant category and on the right pages.
4. Learn from Your Competitors
You should also keep an eye on your competitors who rank higher. Follow them and analyse the SEO strategies they are using. You can also analyse their websites, Meta tag/title tag, and keywords data. A comprehensive analysis can help you learn how they are able to rank high and follow similar strategies.
5. Track Local SEO Separately
When it comes to tracking your SEO progress, it is important to track local SEO campaigns separately. Tracking data against your local SEO strategies can help in finding out what works best when reaching your local audience. You should monitor ranking data and clicks for each location and make the most of it to enhance your local campaigns.
So follow these SEO strategies to further boost your online presence.
If you need help with your SEO campaigns, it is recommended to visit http://thesearchmarketingshop.com/seo/website-optimisation-service for more information and help.