Google AdWords launched ‘custom columns’ almost a year ago. It allowed marketers to segment their current metrics within the interface reporting. Google has now released an addition to this feature in the form of ‘custom formulas’. This will allow marketers to apply formulas for the set metrics within custom columns.
How Custom Formulas Works?
If you want to view the percentage of clicks from mobile devices, all you have to do is to create one custom column dividing mobile clicks by total clicks. You can do a lot with the custom columns. They can be:
It is also possible to apply automated rules on custom column metrics.
The custom columns feature allows marketers to customise those columns which they want to be shown in their reports. The columns could be added to ad group reports or campaign reports. The feature has been here for almost a year and has been widely used by marketers.
Creating Custom Columns
Custom columns can be created in AdWords using the following steps:
- Login into your Google AdWords account.
- Now click on Campaigns and then on Campaigns or Ad groups.
- You will see ‘Columns’. Click on it and a drop down menu will open.
- Click on ‘customise columns’.
- Choose the “custom columns” group from the left side. If you haven’t ever created a custom column, you’ll see a dialog box that takes you to the next step. If you’ve created one in the past, you should click on “+column” and enter a new name in the name field.
- You will have to describe the column in the “column description” field. This description will be displayed to everyone.
- Choose the metric on which the column is to be based.
- Choose the segment you want to apply to the metric (network or device).
- Choose the segment values you want to view.
- Click on save and the custom column will get added to the columns.
- Click ‘apply’ and the process will be completed.
With the addition of the new AdWords Custom Columns formulas feature, you will have more flexibility in applying formulas to your metrics.
Do you want to run a successful AdWords campaign? With new features being added every day, it can be a complicated task to run the campaigns on your own. It is recommended to visit https://thesearchmarketingshop.com/sem/adverts-on-google/ to get help from the industry-leading experts.