Online reviews are important for search engines because they are important to consumers. It is expected that online reviews make up around 10% of impact on search engines ranking factors. That is a significantly big influence for any business owner or marketer to ignore. Recently Google has begun displaying third-party reviews in its local search results again. So if you have not been taking your reviews so seriously, it is time to focus more of your time and resources on them.
The long-term positive impact of online reviews can never be overemphasised.
Third-party Reviews & Knowledge Graph
Google began integrating third-party reviews into Knowledge Graph since 2016 as an opt-in feature. The search giant works in conjunction with third-party review source of integrating the content. Some of the examples of these reviews sources include Yelp and TripAdvisor. The publishers have the option whether to opt for this feature or not.
These websites have the option have their content kept out of the search engines vertical search offerings (like Google Shopping and Google Maps). But the reviews can still appear in organic search results without any restrictions. The search engine stopped provided the service for some time after objections were raised from Yelp and other websites. It has now began offering the service again, but with certain limitations.
Benefits of Getting More Online Reviews
The key benefits of getting more reviews on third-party websites are as following:
- Rankings: Google itself has announced that both the quantity and quality of reviews impact local search rankings.
- Sales Conversions: Surveys from prominent agencies show that more than 9 in 10 consumers will read reviews to form an opinion about a local business. 4 out of 10 consumers will come to a decision after reading just 1 to 3 reviews. And these figures have continued to improve over the years.
- Long-Term Promotional Content: Feedbacks from satisfied consumers work as excellent long-term promotional content.
- Learn about Customers: Reviews also help you in understanding your customers, their needs and learn how to improve your products/services.
- Customer Trust: Online reviews also help in building the trust of customers.
Google has been expanding third-party reviews in local search results in different categories. If you want to boost your SEO, it would be best to make the most of this feature. For more information visit https://thesearchmarketingshop.com/search-engine-optimisation/ where you can also get help in improving your SEO results.