Search engine optimisation (SEO) helps your website by improving its ranking factors and further enables it to appear in the top search results. Studies show that the top result in Google search gets a third of the clicks for that specific search. The second search result gets less than a sixth of the clicks, which is half of what the first result gets.
Importance of SEO for Hospitality Industry
What makes the hospitality industry unique is that it is most often highly saturated in its area of operation. So whenever your target audience searches for your business in your city, they are going to get dozens of results.
This is what makes SEO so important for the hospitality industry. It is one of the rare few marketing strategies that can help you rank higher than the competition, draw more guests, and get more booking. SEO is also much more cost-effective compared to traditional forms of advertising. Nowadays, most travellers use a web search to plan their journeys and stays. This further increases the importance for hotels to rank high in search results.
Best SEO Tips for Hospitality Industry
Make sure the following SEO strategies are addressed to help your business outrank your competition:
- Get Listed on all Google Services: A simple search for “hotels in <your city>” will return results that include Google Map, AdWords, and YouTube. Make sure your hotel or resort is listed on Google My Business, Google Plus, and YouTube to increase the chances of appearing in relevant search results.
- Target Relevant Keywords: Create a dedicated blog for your business and start creating and posting useful, engaging, and high-conversion blog posts. The content should be relevant to the destination. Target long-tail keywords because they are highly targeted towards guests who are specifically interested in booking stays. Make sure to write for people and not for Google crawlers. Follow the 3Cs of quality content – Clarity, Conciseness, and Compelling content.
- Optimise Title Pages & Meta Descriptions: Any instances of duplicate meta descriptions and title tags on web pages can be perplexing for both human readers and search engines. Most of the time, there is similar content on different pages of hospitality sites. Since Google ignores duplicate content, many of your web pages are least likely to get ranked. So make sure that the titles and descriptions are manually edited using the right keywords.
- Load Pages Quickly: Photos are an important part of any hotel website. Images are essential for demonstrating amenities and services and this hotel has made an elegant use of photos. But all those photos shouldn’t slow down your pages’ load speed. This is an important ranking factor in SEO. A faster-loading website also improves user experience, which is another big ranking factor.
- Optimise Social Media Profile: Social media signals have also gained significant importance in SEO. Create and optimise your hotel or resort’s social media profile on all the leading social networks. This includes Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram among others. Make sure your profiles are complete and include consistent information about your business in the About/Bio section, including contact information and website URL.
All these steps are going to have a positive impact on your business’ SEO. Since SEO is a cost-effective strategy, it is highly recommended to run a full-fledged campaign. Visit https://thesearchmarketingshop.com/search-engine-optimisation/ for more information and to get the help of experienced online marketing specialists.