The 2015 Local Consumer Review Survey has been published and it is the fifth edition of the annual survey conducted by BrightLocal. The key findings are great source of marketing information for businesses.
Local Business Data
The survey reports that over 92% of buyers will check online reviews of local businesses. The other findings for local businesses are as following:
- Over 33% of buyers are regular in reading online reviews
- Almost 60% of buyers are occasional readers of online reviews
The rest of the buyers don’t read online reviews. In 2011 over 29% of people didn’t used to read reviews. The percentage of such buyers has come down to 7-8%.
PC as a Device for Reading Reviews
The Local Consumer Review Survey claims that the PC is the most widely used device by buyers for reading reviews of local businesses. Over 73% of buyers in fact read online reviews on their PC before making a purchase.
The key findings in this regard are as following:
- Over 73% of buyers read reviews of local businesses on their PC
- 38% of buyers read reviews of local businesses on their mobile phones
- Around 29% read reviews on their tablets
Even though mobile search has caught up with desktop search, far more buyers are still using PC to read online reviews of local businesses. But it is expected that with continued growth in mobile usage, the trend will gradually shift in the favour of mobile phones and tablets.
It is essential that local businesses become aware of this growing shift and ensure that their site is mobile optimised too.
Number of Reviews
The survey also reported that over 73% of buyers build an opinion after reading 1 to 6 reviews.
The main findings in this regard state that:
- 40% of buyers build an opinion after reading just 1 to 3 reviews (this figure was 29% last year)
- 73% of buyers form an opinion after reading 1 to 6 reviews (this figure was 64% last year)
- Not more than 13% buyers go on to read over 10 reviews of local businesses
The results from the survey show that buyers are faster in forming opinions about local businesses than before.
Do you need tips about how to grow your search traffic and rankings? It is recommended to visit https://thesearchmarketingshop.com/search-engine-optimisation/ to gain more information from SEO experts.