Bing’s share in the search engine market in the UK has shown a positive trend in the past few years. The search engine from Microsoft has grown significantly to hold a quarter of the market share in 2017. If you are serious about SEO, you cannot afford to overlook this search engine that has grown by a huge margin over the past year.
Why Bing is So Important for SEO?
Here are a set of reasons why you simply cannot ignore Bing:
- Bing held a share of 20.5% in the UK in 2016. It grew to 25% in 2017
- Bing has recorded 30 million unique searchers in the UK
- The search engine captured more than 900 million searches in a month
- The use of Bing’s virtual assistant, Cortana, has been rising, especially for travel-based searches.
- Searches for flights and hotels have increased by three times.
- The searches for flights have increased by 277% and for hotels by 343% in Cortana.
- 95% of all searches for flights and hotels were based on brand.
Bing may not be as big as Google, but considering the volume of searches it is generating, this search engine cannot be ignored.
Shift Toward Virtual Assistants
Latest reports claim that by 2021, over 4 billion mobile-based digital assistants will be in use across the world. The numbers can be even higher considering that more people are realising how Virtual Personal Assistants (VPAs) can make their lives easier. Amazon Echo is a smart home device that has already become quite popular in the UK.
As more and more people use VPAs in the UK, business owners and marketers should explore new ways to promote on search engines. According to a study, more than 88% of the respondents said they have used voice-based technology. Most of them agreed that it helped in simplifying their lives. Voice technology is easier and quicker compared to typing. There is one more reason why so many users are now using VPAs – it is also fun. It is worth mentioning that personal assistants have been here for almost 6 years and it is only now that they have begun finding more traction.
Thus, there are many reasons why you cannot ignore Bing for SEO. And with the growing importance of virtual private assistants, this new technology has added a new dimension to search engine optimisation. For more information about SEO and to optimise your site for the top search engines, visit https://thesearchmarketingshop.com/seo/website-optimisation-service.