Most businesses still think that SEO is quite easy. They believe that it’s something they can handle themselves. It’s just about creating high quality and SEO optimised content and publishing it and then waiting for high-conversion traffic. It is this exact belief that disappoints most businesses about their SEO campaigns. The “organic search story” is not as simple as you think, and not something you can handle on your own.
SEO has its complexities and its best left to the specialists.
More Predictable SEO
Most businesses simply underestimate the resources required for running their SEO campaigns.
Search engine optimisation is not as plain and straightforward as you see in online stories where someone starts from zero traffic and grows into hundreds of thousands of visitors a month.
Before you start your SEO campaign it’s important to understand that organic traffic growth can never be predictable. You may have to run the campaign for some time without a big boost in traffic, and then suddenly a few of your content pieces can start getting some traffic. When these pages or content start getting ranked, they can also influence the traffic and ranking of other pages.
This can push up the traffic stats dramatically. But with just a few pages ranking up, even if one or two of those pages fall down to page 2 or 3, you’ll be back.
So instead of focusing on unpredictable SEO, you must focus your time and energy on predictable SEO.
- Content – Create quality content. Content that’s original and not something copied from any other source. Make sure your content tells the exact story as the title. The dynamics of keyword optimisation may have changed, but you cannot ignore it at all. So make sure to conduct keyword research and optimise your content for long tail key phrases.
- Title – The title must tell what the content is exactly and the content must do the same justice to the title. As already mentioned, creating high quality content is not the only thing to SEO. You should be careful about the technical aspects too.
- Meta Tags – This is the info about the content on the page. Make sure to create strong Meta tags.
- Mobile Friendliness – It is clear that mobile-friendliness is a big factor in search algorithm. That’s not the sole reason for making your site mobile-ready. There are almost 2 billion smartphones on the planet – not to mention the hundreds of millions of tablets.
- Page Speed – A faster loading page is highly likely to rank higher than a slower page (as long as most other factors are similar). A faster site adds to improved user experience. It prevents your visitors from leaving your site, it helps keep them there for longer, and also increases the chances of them returning again. All this helps with your site’s search rankings.
So SEO is not just about content marketing. It is also not something you can do on your own. If you want to get real results, you should get the help of an SEO specialist. It is recommended to visit https://thesearchmarketingshop.com/search-engine-optimisation/ for more information. Don’t follow unpredictable SEO; follow more predictable SEO.